Anderson Island Artist Scholarship Is Now Available
Who Qualifies: The scholarship is open to any artist or art student living on Anderson Island at time of application. The categories are creative writing, visual and performance arts.
Amount of Scholarships: Varies
Application Selection Process: All applicants to be considered must submit their application at least two weeks prior to annual deadline. Application must include answering all listed questions unless indicated as optional. Applications will be reviewed by a 3 member panel selected by Island Arts Board of Directors. In making their decision they will consider the number of applicants, the money available and the demonstrated need of the applicant.
(Acceptance of application does not guarantee an award.)
Application for Island Arts Scholarship
Application needs to include the following:
- Full Name
- Address on Anderson Island
- Best way to be reached.
- How much money are you requesting? (Scholarship may be granted at a lower level than requested.)
- Artist statement that includes a brief written explanation of your abilities as an artist and your area of interest.
- Optional- A list of special achievements, honors and recognitions, and community involvement in the arts.
- An explanation and verification of how the scholarship will be used, e.g. camp fees, instructional books, workshop.
- One example of your work. (If it is music-related the work can be a recording made available to member/s of selection committee.)
All information can be either summited hardcopy format, Word document, or through e-mail communication. (Each question needs to be answered clearly.)
An application can submitted anytime during the year prior to the annual deadline but will not be considered until after the annual deadline.
Annual Deadline for Year 2020: March 20, 2020
Award/s issued starting: April 3, 2020
Any questions regarding the application or process can be directed to Attention: Selection Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This scholarship is being funded from the profits of the journal, The Islander. It is also supported by individual donations and with a portion of money designated from various Island Arts events throughout the year.
You can support the scholarship fund by either purchasing an issue of the journal or with a direct contribution to the scholarship fund.
All future recipients’ names and use of the scholarship will be posted on our web site.
(The Island Arts Board reserve the rights to review all decisions made by selection committee prior to distribution of funds.)